Monday, October 6, 2008

MRSA, round 112

We're currently in the midst of yet another go-round with MRSA in our home. Emma Grace had one pop up on her outer thigh, so we went to the dr and got a big bag of medicine. That was last Tuesday. Yesterday, EJ had one pop up on his knee. So, I'll be calling the dr to get him an appointment as well. I'm so tired of dealing with this. On a positive note, neither Evan nor I have had any outbreaks in several months, and Elliot has not had it at all. He has, however, gotten a pretty nasty head cold, and last night, he started throwing up. I hate it when my kids are sick. 'Tis the season for illnesses, though. Many of the moms I know are dealing with it with their kids also.

My friend posted a blog that they had lost their appeal for custody of her step-daughter, who she loves as if she were her very own. Sometimes, there are things I just do NOT understand. This would be one of them. The story is extremely long, so I won't go into detail now. Let's just say that I know the family...both the biological mother and the father/step-mother...very well. I had the bio. mother's older daughter in my Kindergarten class and went to church with the father and step-mother. Coming from all I have seen and know, the little girl really should be with her Dad. To me, this is another failure of the judicial system to do what is really best for a child. Things like this completely infuriate me. I will say, however, that my friend has remained positive and steadfast in her faith. She really is following in the example of Job..."Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him." She really is an inspiration to me. I don't know that I would have the strength to endure that situation.

Happily, today looks to be another beautiful fall day. High in the low 70's, sunny. I have so much to do this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment