Monday, February 9, 2009

Time, friends, distance, busyness

Wow, I haven't updated in almost a month! This will probably be a long, rambling post, so if you'd like to skip it, I totally understand.

We move in 26 days. March 7th will be here so quickly! We have four separate move shipments, so I've been trying to sort through things and make lists of what will be going to each shipment. I just want to close my eyes and have it be over already. LOL Our house is on the rental market, so we're frantically trying to finish up all the little things that we need to do to have it ready for occupancy. I've been painting, which I absolutely detest. I've been working on this for over a week now (hard to squeeze it in...during naptimes and such), and I still have SO much left to do. I do have a sweet friend who has offered to keep the two littles for me on Thursday so that I can actually have some time to just PAINT! We also have bathroom repairs that have to be completed. Right now, we have no tub/shower plumbing downstairs. Evan's pretty close to having it completed. Then, we have to install a new heater in the bathroom upstairs and rip out the wall and plumbing up there and replace that. Busy, busy, busy. We've had some people come to look at the house...they sound promising, but we'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I feel like my life is closing in on me. I want to spend time with the people I care about, yet I find myself distancing from them. I guess it's self-preservation . I'm also having the problem of wanting to spend time, yet not having any time to spend.

We took the kids to Mount Trashmore yesterday. It was SO beautiful outside. T'more was very crowded...guess everyone else wanted to enjoy the nice weather. As we walked down the side of the hill, I realized that this was probably our last trip to the park. I pray for some more warm weather so I can get my babies outside again before we go!

I honestly thought I'd slip away without fanfare and a fuss, but apparently, that's not to be. There's going to be a "Bon Voyage" party, which I was really upset about at first. I'm nobody special that I would deserve an event. However, given my previous statement about having no time, I'm getting excited to see everyone! If I could have worked it in, I would have loved to just get together with people a few at a time...the people who really care about me and love me for who I am...not just those who feel obligated to see me because I'm leaving. It will be very interesting to see who actually shows up at this party! :) And hey, it's a PARTY, right?! LOL

I've been under the weather the last few days. Pretty sure it's just a head cold, but it is really knocking me for a loop. This needs to end...and SOON! I think I'm on the up side of it now (at least, I hope).

I think that's all for right now. I'm off to make lunch for the littles! :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl! Moving is a LOT of stress and it's likely got your immune system compromised. Take your vitamins! Have you heard of Emergen-C? It works wonders, too!!!

    I *plan* to be at your farewell... you know... only b/c I feel obligated - LOL!!! I think you underestimate the esteem in which others hold you. What do you mean, "Who am I" that you would get a farewell party??? You're one of GOD'S SPECIAL CHILDREN!!! That should be enough to merit special attention ;) Not only that, you are the one who listens to EVERYONE. Who prays for whomever needs prayer. You are very special.

    I'm sorry things feel so frantic right now. I'll be feeling the same way in a couple months :o But look forward to it - it'll be a whole new experience! Not everyone gets to see a whole other place... some people never leave the city/town they grew up in...

    Anyway, I can watch the kidlets one day next week, too, if you like. They don't know me well, so my feelings won't be hurt if you decline... but I TRULY don't mind, so give me a call if you want to take me up on it ;)

    TTYS and prayers are going up on your behalf.

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good to see you posting again!!! I am sad to see you go. We haven't been able to become close friends because life gets in the way. But please believe that you truly are special! You ALWAYS have such a great attitude and you are so supportive of the people around you. You are a very special person and you absolutely deserve a going away party!! I am also coming to your farewll party and I'm not just coming because I feel obligated either! lol I really want to wish you farewell and good luck in your future. I know you aren't too excited about moving. But I know that once you get there and get settled in you will find things to appreciate! And you will surely make friends! You are a great person and anyone would be lucky to call you their friend! I hope to see you before you leave!

    ReplyDelete