Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What we do for our kids...

A friend posted a website she found with hilarious songs to calm your baby (or maybe just yourself!). It got me thinking about the quirky and downright humiliating things we do for our kids (We even had a "Get That Poo-Poo Out" chant...and had to chant it EVERY time Emma Grace went...even in a public restroom!). Since I'm a huge fan of sharing embarassing personal information, here for your viewing pleasure are some songs I used to sing to Elliot.

To the tune of "Rubber Duckie" (you know...the Ernie one from Sesame Street):

Chubby Baby, you're the one.
You make kisses lots of fun.
Chubby Baby, I'm awfully fond of you.

Chubby Baby, joy of joys.
When I squish you, you make noise.
Chubby Baby, I'm awfully fond of you.

HA! Sometimes, I think I'm insane. I also sang (to the tune of How Much is that Dog in the Window?):

How much is that baby in the mirror?
The one with the sweet, chubby cheeks?
How much is that baby in the mirror?
I do think that baby's for keeps!

How much is that baby in the mirror?
The one with the big, chunky thighs?
How much is that baby in the mirror?
I just cannot believe my eyes!

And, not to be forgotten (this was usually reserved for diaper changes):

Smelliot...bum bum bum bum...Smelliot!
You are my Smelliot.
Smelly Elliot.
Little smelly Elliot!

Hahaha...I still sing these sometimes :) Even the older two join in!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Yes... the songs!!!

    Would you believe we sang a similar song to your "Baby in the Mirror" (and yes... mirror... usually when Zoe was checking out a mirror).

    "How much is that baby in the mirror?
    The one with the pretty eyes.
    How much is that baby in the mirror?
    She's our baby girl, that's no lie."

    And to the Rubber Ducky song

    "Baby Zoe, you're the one,
    You make bathtime so much fun,
    Baby Zoe I'm awfully fond of you..."

    Also done with "Ellie Jo Jo"... LOL

    Girl!!! There are SOOOO many... reinvented songs... :)

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, too cute!
    We sing the Stinky Butt song when Brian poops...
    "Stinky butt, Stinky Butt, stink stink stinky butt.
    Stinky butt, stinky Butt, stink stink stinky butt
    Briiiiiaaan, has a stinky butt (yes a stinky butt) oh Brian has a stinky butt (I wonder why)"
    Oh, to the tune of Big Girls Don't Cry. I swear, we are all crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete